Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Patience is a virtue, so I've been told.

Okay first, I suppose I'll turn off this incessant dubstep station on Pandora so I can concentrate on writing. Never understood how people could listen to music while studying. I literally need silence to just read tweets.... Okay maybe I like to exaggerate, it make stories funnier. Right, Jennifer?!!? (She's the queen of exaggeration).

Since my oatmeal post yesterday was so naked, I duplicated the recipe from breakfast, this morning. For a little bit of crunch, I sprinkled with chia seed. 

See!!??! So yummmm.


So while I was heating up my leftover soup from last night, I had 3 1/2 minutes to kill. How boring. A bag of tortilla chips and a jar of peanut butter were sitting on my counter just begging to be eaten while I very impatiently awaited that "ding" of the microwave. Boy am I glad I was impatient today! If you've never tried it, dipping tortilla chips in peanut butter is the BEST. And yes, I realize I'm probably not the first one to dip tortilla chips in peanut butter.

<insert witty transition here>

My job can be really cool. Like today for instance, I inspected The Williamsburg Winery. It's an absolutely beautiful place and is run by a few really intelligent and interesting people. Today, I met the President, Vice President and the Wine Maker for the winery. All very friendly and eager to work with me, which can usually come with some resistance. (I'm a regulatory official and the stores I inspect don't particularly enjoy my visits.) 






During my brief discussion with the President, Mr. Duffeler, he told me that he and his wife have an organic garden, that he hasn't eaten fast food or drank a soda in 32 years, nor has he put on but two pounds since he was eighteen and he's now in his sixties. As president of one of the largest wineries here in Virginia, he knows a little bit about wine making. Mr. Duffeler explained why they cannot use chlorine, a common cleaning agent at most food/beverage establishments. When chlorine evaporates it will react with the fermentation process and will ruin the wine indefinitely. Of course, he went into more depth, but I wouldn't be able to correctly explain it anyway. I was fascinated by everything this man told me. 



As I like to say, "a spoonful of peanut butter a day, keeps the doctor away." Or wait, is that an apple?????? 

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment