Friday, April 6, 2012

Honey + Peanuts

How fun is it to make  someone a gift?? Way better than purchasing one, if you ask me. I have a friend that likes honey roasted peanuts and loves crunchy peanut butter. 

Why not combine the two?!?! I can think of no reason not to. 





Chunky Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

2 lbs of roasted UNsalted peanuts
2 T honey
3/4 t fine salt

1. Process 1.5 pounds of the peanuts in the food processor. 
2. Once smooth, add salt and honey. Process and taste. Adjust honey and salt to taste. 
3. Pour in the remaining half pound of peanuts and pulse until chunkiness is to your liking. 
4. Scrape the food processor cleaning making sure to get every last drop. 



After pouring into jar I may have licked the blade. 
Risky? Yes. 
Worth it? Absolutely. 


Only part I would change was the color of this peanut butter. It's too pale. Maybe I'll try roasting the peanuts myself next time to get a deeper color.











































close up. 






The perfection that was this peanut butter really has me thinking about starting a food business one day...........

No comments:

Post a Comment